You all know that i’m not a fan of weaves. But I have said if you’re going to wear one make sure it’s a sew in and not a glue weave because those chemicals can not be doing your body any good. Sadly this story is not the 1st case of a woman dying from how she chooses to wear her hair. I’m hoping in this day of lace front wigs and glue in weaves this story will scare more women in to wearing their own hair and not feeling the need to glue hair in to feel beautiful. RIP Atasha Graham. May your story be a lesson and a warning to all.
Healthy Scalp, Healthy Locs
Did glue from hair extensions kill a London woman? Apparently so.
Doctors in London believe that Atasha Graham, 34, died from a possible allergic reaction to the adhesive used to apply her weave.
After a night at the club where he boyfriend DJs, Graham collapsed and it is believed that the sweat from her dancing may have allowed glue to enter her blood stream, in turn causing the deadly chemical reaction.
Although the specific cause of death has not been linked to the toxic glue, Pathologist Dr. Michael Heath isn’t ruling it out, explaining to the London Southwark Coroner’s Court that this is not the first time he has seen deaths linked to extension glue.
“There are about 10 to 20 deaths a year in this country, many more in America. I have seen four in the last three months,” Heath said.
According to the Daily Mail, Coroner Christopher Williams recorded a verdict of death by natural causes as he said it was not possible to identify conclusively a link with a particular allergen that caused her to go into shock.